Friday, February 3, 2017

Hammy Man

Alexander Hamilton, one of the great founding fathers of the US, is who I'm reading.
If you know already, there's a musical of Alexander Hamilton and his life story. And if you don't know, it's about one of the founding fathers of the United States, Alexander Hamilton. The musical retells his story but in the form of music. There are 45 parts and 2 acts. It goes through and tells what he's done and such. (It's kind of addicting in my view)
When I read the book, it kept reminding me of the musical. I understood almost everything. Then I thought that if I didn't hear the musical before I probably wouldn't have understood as much. Anyways when I read it, there were things that I didn't even know about Alex! Like for example, I knew he had 7 children and I know that one was named Philip and another was named Alexander Jr (I think). But what I didn't know was that they had a daughter named Angelica. They named their child after Eliza's (Hamiltons wife) sister! That's so adorable!
Honestly it's kind of sad to think about what Hamilton had gone through. His mom died, his dad left him, and his cousin committed suicide. Then after a while, people in his life died one by one. It's surprising to see what his life was like. One of the founding fathers that changed the world, had gone through something so tough. Yet he lived through it.
Also he was pretty young when he first had things like this going on. Anyways, I apologize for telling his whole life story again in one Blog but he's just so interesting.

(By the way, Marquis de LaFayette is amazing as well.)

If you want to hear the musical for yourself (I would recommend it) then here's the link to it: Alexander Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment