Friday, May 26, 2017

Worst Advice Ever

I take all kinds of advice from all kinds of people. Strangers (sometimes), friends, teachers, family. But then there are people that...kind of give advice that will turn you the wrong direction.
Take my friend, Roger, for example. He was my best guy friend. He loved to hang out with me and he loved to talk to me about his day and everything. Eventually, I started telling him about my day as well and we connected. We were like the best of best friends. Anyways, one day I told him that I had a crush on one of my friends. He started freaking out and said, "Oh my god! Oh my god! I'm gonna tell them! No, wait. Never mind, I want to hear the drama first." So I told him everything about my crush. Then I asked him for advice. He wanted me to just straight up tell my crush that I liked them. Here's a summary of his whole speech, "Its better doing something and regretting it than doing nothing when you could've done something and then regretting that." So I decided, the next day, to go up to my crush and tell them about how I like them. They ended up saying that they didn't like me that way and that they'd rather have us stay as friends. Of course, I was heartbroken by that. So I told Roger about it and he advised me to try to talk to them again. So the next day, I did. And again, we talked for hours about what we liked about eachother but then at the end my crush decided it wouldn't work out between us. That us dating wouldn't be such a good idea. I became more heartbroken but decided to stay positive about it. After I told Roger about that one he advised to just move on. And I was already planning to do that so I did. BUT then, a month or so later my crush stated that they liked me back, but I had already moved on. I didn't know how to reply so I said I'll think about it. I asked Roger to help me with it and he said I should go for it. So I did. That took the wrong turn as usual. It was kind of awkward for us when we dated so we decided that we were better off as friends. From that point on, I never took advice from Roger again and so far, it's been great.



No comments:

Post a Comment